TERMS AND CONDITIONS
GYG.ie (“we, “us”, “GYG.ie” or “our”), the operator of the GYG.ie website, www.gyg.ie (the “GYG.ie Website”) is committed to protecting your privacy. We will only collect and process your personal information in accordance with the Irish Data Protection Acts 1988 to 2003 (as amended) (the “DPA”).
We will provide you with options so that you choose how data about you is used. You can always review and change your preferences at any time by using the website or by contacting us directly at info@GYG.ie. The data controller of any of the data that you submit to us on the GYG.ie Website is GYG.ie.
Information We Hold
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the GYG.ie Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the GYG.ie Website, or when requesting products or services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with the GYG.ie Website or a complaint to us.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the GYG.ie Website and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to the GYG.ie Website including, but not limited to, [traffic data, location data, and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
This is data that identifies you or can be used to contact you if required, it may include your name and/or company reference, address email and/or delivery point and billing reference.
3. Use of your Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, and to view previous transactions.
- To ensure that content from the GYG.ie Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features of our GYG.ie Website, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service or this Agreement.
We generically monitor purchasing patterns and site traffic to ensure our product and service offerings are optimised and our GYG.ie Website can reflect customer interest.
On some of the GYG.ie Website pages we store cookies. Cookies will only be used on the basis of your preferences.
4. Disclosure of your Information
We have no intention of disclosing any of your personal information to non-linked third parties, and will not intentionally provide any information for sales or marketing services.
However, we occasionally need to use a third party to provide a refurbishing service, and hence some details necessary to the repairs of items may be transmitted. Again, this will only be the limited info. Entered as part of that individual transaction, and not general information on the customer.
Legally, we are also required to disclose or share personal data in order to comply any legal obligation – this situation will arise in the case of stolen merchandise coming across our shop floor. Similarly, information may be disclosed in order to enforce or apply our GYG.ie Website terms & conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of GYG.ie, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will try our best to guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the GYG.ie Website; however occasionally the internet may not be interested in this as us and hence data transmission is at your own risk – bear in mind that few personal details are transmitted to us, and hence this risk is limited. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data, including for marketing purposes. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at info@GYG.ie or you can write to us at GYG.ie
We try to keep your information as accurate, complete and up to date as possible. If any of the information that you have provided to GYG.ie changes, for example, if you change your e-mail address or name or if you wish us to remove your details from our records, please let us know by sending an e-mail to info@GYG.ie.
The GYG.ie Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The DPA gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the DPA.
6. Changes to our